However, before I do, how 'bout a snapshot of the items/books that have surrounded me for the last few weeks:
- 1789 map of Paris
- 1808 map of Paris
- National Geographic's Traveler's Map of France
- magnifying glass
- Several binders of my research notes
- Kate Bush's new CD Aerial
- Alicia Rasley's list of Scene Purposes
- A Sea of Words (companion to Patrick O'Brian books)
- Oxford Dictionary of Word Histories
- English Through the Ages
- Petit Robert (Dictionnaire de la langue française)
- Concise Oxford French Dictionary
- A History of Medicine
- The Writers Digest Character Naming Sourcebook
- Secret Service: British Agents in France 1792-1815
- The British Code of Duel
- The Concise Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology
- Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary
- Companion to the French Revolution
- A Medieval Herbal
- Fashion - Vol 1: 18th and 19th Century
- The Magic and Medicine of Plants
- AA's Treasures of Britain
- Illustrated Reverse Dictionary
Just reshelving the books will take a while! Then I have to clear all the paper away (Cleo eats paper *sigh*) - most will go to the office to be shredded as it's already been recycled through the printer once.
My poor sweetie woke up with a migraine, so I've been up since about 5 - which is actually ok. I don't mind being up early and it means I can get lots done today. I just hope the headache goes away for him soon.
Later this morning I'm going to a bookfair for indie writers. A friend of mine will be there signing her family history, Strength Within: The Granger Chronicles. It's a fantastic book!
So, that's it for this morning :-) Happy Saturday!!
Soon to be Reading: Watermelon by Marian Keyes
Link of the Day: Miss Snark (yeah, I know she's been the link before, but she's well worth visiting)