Thursday, July 06, 2006

Manuscript frustrations...

Grrrr. For some reason I can't quite put my finger one, my plot just isn't coming together. I keep juggling things, hoping I'll hit on the problem, but so far, no luck. Yes, this happens with every story, but this one seems particularly contrary at the moment.

So I just keep brainstorming. Yep, I write notes to myself, just let everything out and muse, play with ideas etc. Have learned it's the only way to get round this particular issue.

Meanwhile, at the library the other day, I found the following books:
Robyn Carr - Practical Tips for Writing Fiction
Linda N. Edelstein - The Writer's Guide to Character Traits
Linda Seger - Creating Unforgettable Characters
Rachel Ballon - Breathing Life into your Characters
Doreen Yarwood - European Costme: 4000 Years of Fashion

oh, and Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic & Sister, which I inhaled at one sitting on Tuesday night! This one actually had me in tears twice, but it was such a great story. I liked it better than Shopaholic Gets Married. And now want to get my mitts on Can You Keep a Secret? and The Undomestic Goddess.

Glad you all enjoyed my photos yesterday :-)

Teresa

Link of the Day: Read it Before you Die found at Miss Snark's blog

No comments: