Friday, February 16, 2007

19 years...

That's how many years together Sean and I are celebrating today:

Below is a pic of us just before we set off to our formal in a limousine:





We met in 1986 in a third-year History seminar on Medieaval England at Queen's University, became good friends in fourth year in a study group for our Crusades seminar, started dating on February 19, 1988, and married at the university chapel in 1990.

At my brother-in-law's wedding last summer, the photographer took some family photos as part of the package, including this one of Sean and me:





The years have gone quickly, and have seen ups and downs, but I'm still as happy with Sean as the first day we were together -maybe even happier :-)

In writing news, I received another rejection yesterday :-( I have to admit I'd love to know if it's my time period specifically or the query letter itself. Hmmm. Meanwhile Sean helped me out yesterday with one of my sticky plot points. As always, his background in military history and years spent reading le Carré and Deighton helped immensely - things that never even occur to me, come naturally to him. I had a bit of an Aha moment with my heroine on Wednesday, so things are starting to come together. Yay!

And, finally, later today I'll be posting over at Unusual Historicals.

Happy Friday :-)

Teresa

Currently Reading: The Adventurous Bride by Miranda Jarrett
Also Currently Reading: Dark Angels by Karleen Koen
Link of the Day: Sage advice from Miss Snark

10 comments:

Dixie Belle said...

You two are a cute couple!! Sorry about the rejection. But there's always the next time!

Melissa Marsh said...

Wow, 19 years! That is awesome! Good for you two. :)

Hugs on the rejection...

Doubtful Muse said...

Congrats on 19 years (but not the rejection)! Those photos are terrific -- you both look gorgeous in both. Looking back at my own old photos, I regret that I had unspeakably awful 80s' hair; Mike looks great and I look scary! ~shudder

Jen Holling said...

Congrats on 19 years! I wish you 19 more just as wonderful!

Laura Drewry said...

Wow - congratulations on the 19 years! Love the pictures.

As for the R-letter. . .RRRRRRRRRR. . . it's their loss. Have a great day!

Laura

Katy Cooper said...

Pretty much what everyone has said:

Hurray on the 19 years! Hurray, hurray, hurray! That's awesome.

And {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}} on the rejection. They stink, no matter what or why.

Kit said...

Congratulations on the anniversary! Been watching the weather channel and it looks like you guys are due for some nicer weather this week. I've been deep in the February blues so ANYTHING positive is good to see!

Miss you,

K.

Rene said...

Boy, that is a long time with one person, congratulations.

I think it is your time period, its a tougher sell. I thought your query letter was good. Keep on submitting, it is a tough road, my last book went through two years of submissions and probably 30 agents.

Kelly said...

You two look so cute together. And he sounds like a great historical resource to have handy! Sorry about the rejection. That's a bummer.

Brenda Oig said...

Congratulations! 19 years is awesome. Hubby and I will celebrate 20 this year. Hard to believe.

So sorry to hear about your rejection. We all know it comes with the territory, but that really doesn't make it go down easier. Here's wishing good luck on the next one!