Tuesday, September 21, 2010

30 Day Book Meme - Day 05

Day 05 - A book or series you hate

Hating any book is beyond a true book lover like me, but I will confess that I did not enjoy reading Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. It was required reading for my first year English course at university, many years ago now. Though only around 100 pages, for me, the book might as well have been 1000 pages. Nothing about the story interested me remotely and I just found it  difficult to wrap my head around. I couldn't sympathize with the protagonist and though my half-Polish soul wept at me rejecting this work by a son of Poland, I put down the book with relief when I was done. Would it be different today? I don't know.

So - is there a book or series you hate?

Teresa

About to start reading: The Exile of Sara Stevenson by Darci Hannah

No comments: