Tuesday, February 20, 2007

10 Odd Facts About Me...

Kelly did this meme last week. I'm stumped for other things to blog about, so I'll give it a go now :-)

1) Like Kelly, I too have OCD tendencies - checking the stove, the door etc, even thought I KNOW they're done. This is especially bad here in the cabin, when we leave the outer sliding door open and have to hook the screen door closed, lest Cleo pull it open with her claws (she figured that out pretty quickly) - I ALWAYS have to walk back and check that I've hooked the screen. The thought of losing the girls out here is pretty scary.

2) I'm psychic - my grandmother was too, so it's no surprise, but it's still kinda freaky. Nothing I can really control, but there have been enough things I've known before they happen or have just happened, and I hadn't heard yet, that I know it's not an anomaly.

3) I talk to the cats in French - they don't seem to mind and it helps me practise *g*. I'll only get worried if they start answering back.

4) TV shows about motorcycle building fascinate me. Not just American Chopper, but Biker Build-off and any other shows like that we stumble across. People who knew me as a kid would never imagine that one day I'd know who Indian Larry was or what happens in Sturgis, South Dakota every summer.

5) I LOVE rainy days. Love, love, love them. And don't mind rainy weeks either. To me there's something so cozy and comforting about watching and listening to rain fall from inside a house.

6) Office supplies are like candy for me - and I'll spend money on them instead of candy. Notebooks, notepads, pens, pencils, post-its etc.. Going to a big office supply store and just wandering the aisles is so much fun! I don't necessarily have to buy - sometimes just looking at the notebooks and binders are enough.

7) When I put knives on a magnetic knife rack, I HAVE to put them on tallest to shortest - and it drives me nuts if they get out of order. I've no idea why. I'm not generally the most orderly person around, so why this particular thing bugs me unless it's done the way I like it is kinda baffling. But there we go :-)

8) I have to be able to visualize where the people I love (family and friends) are. Every time my sister moved, I'd feel weird talking to her on the phone without knowing what the room/house she was in looked like. Same as my friends - two of them have moved since we did and I don't know what their space is like now. Am hoping they email me pics soon!

9) As a child I had fainting spells whenever I was tired and hungry or hot and hungry. The first one happened early on a schoolday morning when my mum was combing my hair - I just dropped to the floor. It also happened when I was with friends at the Governor General's Kids' Party - it was a hot summer day and my friends said I walked ahead of them and started bumping into people. They thought I was fooling around until I fell over and didn't move for a minute or two. There were other times too, but by the time I was a teenager, I'd learned to control it to an extent - if I felt it starting to happen, I'd bite my tongue and move to somewhere I could sit and put my head down. My dad freaked out totally that first time, but my mum explained she was the same way when she was young.

10) I'm a news-junkie. Yeah, I guess it comes as no surprise, considering I'm married to a newscaster *g*, but I have this need to know what's going on in the world. World Report on CBC is a must-listen for me every morning once I've heard Sean's news on CK, as is The Current.

So, how 'bout you? Are there odd things about you you'd like to share?

I took the following photo just over a week ago - Sean with the girls:





Teresa

Currently Reading: The Adventurous Bride by Miranda Jarrett
Also Currently Reading: Dark Angels by Karleen Koen
Link of the Day: The Best French Swear Words

3 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

I love American Choppers. The family dysfunction on that show is rather sad, but makes for an entertaining hour or so. Mikey is the one I like the best. Poor Mikey.

Brenda Oig said...

Ah, your girls are so sweet, Tess. :)

Kelly Boyce said...

I'm with you on the office supplies and psychic thing. My grandmother was too. Weird how it skips a generation. Wish I could control it though, then maybe I could spend my days giving readings instead of sitting in a pod.