Thursday, February 08, 2007

Writing when I can...

I spent most of yesterday either working on my course or in Sechelt arranging for paperwork for the building permit. So yesterday evening when I came back to the cabin after dinner, instead of turning on the tv, I sat down at the computer and opened PageFour Notebook. And did more work on my characters using Linda Windsor's Weaving the Synopsis worksheet. I kept at it till Sean arrived home from a meeting, with little breaks to play "chase the toy" with Cleo *g*.

I've decided that I have to cut out more of my tv watching and knit up at the house before dinner, then spend my evenings writing if I can. Ok, except tonight when The Office is on. But except for Thursdays, there isn't really much I HAVE to watch before 10pm. I'm not watching House this season so Sean and I can catch up on it together on DVD.

Funny thing is, I KNOW that once I start work, I get lost in it really easily. It's the opening of the programming and setting to work that's the issue.

Do you have to force writing discipline on yourself?

Teresa

Currently Reading: The Adventurous Bride by Miranda Jarrett (fantastic!)
Also Currently Reading: Dark Angels by Karleen Koen
Link of the Day: The Devil's in the Details by katfeete

2 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Absolutely. It's so easy to just sit on the couch with a good book instead of cracking open the laptop. But my conscience doesn't allow me to do that and enjoy it. :-)

Jen said...

OMG, yes. My BF is a TV addict--I NEVER used to watch TV before him and now that I'm with him I have discovered that I actually like a lot of it. But he is very respectful. He has gotten a set of wireless headphones so he can watch TV without disturbing me.