Friday, February 22, 2008

I finally figured it out...

Henri and Madeleine's story wasn't working because I had some of the details wrong. That's why every time I tried to write it, something just didn't ring true. And while I did indeed try to listen to my instincts that something wasn't right, I couldn't figure it out. Until recently. Then, as I think I mentioned last week, it came to me in a dream. Well, not specific to them, but a situation in a dream I had sparked something for my characters and now I have a much better idea of what's going on and hope to actually write the opening scene - AGAIN, and watch it flow.

All I have to do is find the time. Unlike Kelly, I can't haul my a** out of bed at 4:45am to write. No way, no how. My best creative time is from about noon till 8 at night, and right now I have to use that time on my contract writing. Which means I have to carve out time elsewhere and hope that my excitement over rediscovering this story carries me through.

How do you motivate yourself to write against your natural schedule? Or am I just being a wimp?

Teresa

Currently Reading: Book for review
Link of the Day: Jeannie Ruesch's Regency England Resources

1 comment:

Melissa Amateis said...

No, I don't think you're being a wimp. Everyone just works differently at different times of the day, I think. I have tried to be a morning person but it AIN'T gonna happen! I love to stay up late at night and write. The best way for me to give up on something is to schedule it for early in the morning.

Glad you figured out those little details!