Friday, November 07, 2008

Just past the 6000 word barrier...

Not bad for three days writing. In the end, yesterday, I didn't get any writing done. I went to work, came home and talked to my mum on the phone for quite a while, then made dinner. Sean and I also watched two eps of The Tudors and by the time he went to bed (he was working the early shift this morning, waking up at 3:30 am) I was just too beat to write.

But I've made up for it today and added another 1900 words to my total. It's possible I'll get more in later, after Sean and I have celebrated my birthday with lunch :)

Here's a photo of me with my little NaNo writing companion:

From Blog Photos


She made sure I stayed put, though in this shot the paw she had on my shoulder is kinda lost in my hair *g*.

After finishing today's quota, Sean and I went out for lunch to celebrate my birthday. It was back to the Wild Bistro for yummy sandwiches and more of that Licorice Spice tea. Now I'm settling back down with the laptop to answer some email and see if my characters have any more to tell me before it's time for dinner.

Hope you're all having a great day :) Even those of you here in rainy BC with me.

Teresa

Currently Reading: The Intelligencer by Leslie Silbert
Link of the Day: Old is the New New

3 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Woo hoo on the word count! And with such a good writing companion, you should have no reason not to sit in the chair, right? ;-)

Tess said...

LOL - yeah, that's true. But weekends are Sean time, and today I work, so my next writing opportunity is tomorrow.

Cindy Procter-King said...

Happy birthday, Teresa! It's rainy up here, too. Although apparently it'll get cold enough to snow soon.

I keep seeing ads for The Tudors - must starting renting that series. It looks great.

Keep going on NaNo!