Monday, June 16, 2008

Feeling better...

At last! And I'm fairly certain two straight days of sun have something to do with it. I spent an hour and a half out in the garden this morning, watering and pulling weeds, listening to the birds sing. Wonderful! I even found myself craving coffee, always a sure sign I'm on the mend.

We had a good weekend, colds notwithstanding (Sean has the same one I do) - our brother/sister-in-law, niece and nephew were up visiting. We hung out with them and had a family campfire on Saturday evening after a very yummy dinner (thanks Mom!)

Plus on Friday we were fed by our friends (Shepherds Pie - yum) while watching When We Were Kings, a fantastic documentary about The Rumble in the Jungle. My dad was a boxing fan, so I grew up hearing about the various matches. The film itself had relatively little boxing and was as much about the mid-70s and some of the leading personalities of the time, along with the music. And racism. It gave me a huge respect for Ali.

Yesterday we celebrated Father's Day with Sean's parents, serving them Dad's favourite meal. It was even better that the weather cooperated.

Now, however, it's back to work for me. I have two reviews to finish and some other writing work to catch up on.

How about you - any big plans for this week?

Teresa

2 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

So glad you're feeling better! And good luck with all your writing projects. :-)

Tess said...

Thanks, Melissa :)