Friday, July 28, 2006

Tagged for a meme and more...

Thanks, Rene - it's a fun one:

1. When did you first start blogging and why?
In January 05. Like Rene, I had to check and it turns out I never mentioned WHY I was blogging. Just leapt right in, so I can only think it was because I thought it would be fun and give me something to write to warm up for my writing day.

2. What don't you talk about?
Politics and religion. Definite no-nos for me. No way, no how, I'm going there in so public a forum.

3. Are you and your blogging persona the same person?
Hmm, well, I'd say my blogging persona is a little more outgoing than me. Like many writers I'm very shy and can appear aloof around new people when really, I'm just trying to think of something half intelligent to say that might be of interest. In the blogosphere I seem to find it much easier to just chatter away - mostly cause I know now that people who read my blog share many of my interests and if they're bored, they can just click away and I'll never know :-)

4. How do you use blogging to build friendships?
Like Rene, I too am a much better writer than talker (see above answer). In the blogosphere I can leave comments and see how people respond - that kinda lets me know whether we're compatible as friends. I've found some great friends this way :-) And it's far less scary than just walking up to someone (even at a writer's conference) and say "Hi, wanna talk about writing?"

5. How would you describe your writing style?
Casual and fun. I don't want to come off as being some kind of expert or anything like that. I just like to report on my daily experiences with writing, reading and reviewing as well as relating little tidbits about my personal life.

Responding to Comments
Annette - glad you like the new do :-) And it was nice to read your update from Atlanta. And just think, by Monday you'll be home again with your writing!

Nienke - thanks for the compliment on the new do. I have FDin30D as well - it's fantastic :-) Enjoy!

Margaret - seems like it's the week for haircuts. Appreciate your kind words :-)

Writing Progress
My battle with Dragon NaturallySpeaking continued yesterday. It was so bad, I finally retrained it last night after finishing off one of the books I was reading. Will try it again today after I get back from my errands. Speaking of which, I'd best get going soon.

Teresa

Currently Reading: Books for review/research
Link of the Day:
18th Century Clothing Chronicles

No comments: