Friday, June 01, 2007

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip...

I watched the latest episode last night and have to admit I'm still trying to figure out WHY this show is being cancelled. Honestly, it completely baffles me. The characters are fantastic, the writing witty and snappy and the storylines varied, from fun to romantic to gripping. Something for everyone. And yet somehow, it's never caught on and I just don't get it. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show and am soooooo disappointed I'm watching the final episodes.

Has anyone else watched it? Do you agree with me? Disagree?

Will the same thing happen to Traveler? I hope not. I started watching it Tuesday night when ABC reran the pilot and watched episode 2 on Wednesday. It's fantastic. Fast-paced with lots of plot twists. The main characters are fairly typical yet with enough nuance to make them interesting. Yet I'm almost reluctant to get too involved with the story, lest it too suffer the same fate as Studio 60.

Have you watched this new show? What do you think of it?

As a writer, I find it particularly good for analysis where plot twists are concerned. So far, in just two episodes, there have been so many cool changes in direction - far-fetched, maybe, yet the way the story has been set up, I can totally believe them. Nothing has struck me as completely unbelievable. And, as we all know, truth can be stranger than fiction, so why can't fiction be a little strange? *g*

Thoughts?

Teresa

Further updates on The House.
Link of the Day: Writing Tips from Kate Mosse (courtesy Angela Booth's Writing Blog)

Cat pics:




1 comment:

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

I wasn't even aware of the show...just goes to show you