Sunday, October 19, 2008

Autumn weekends on the Coast...

The past two weekends have been gorgeous. Here's a photo I took last Sunday - you can see the grass is starting to grow:

From Blog Photos


This weekend we spent much of our time outside. On Wednesday, burning season opened (the period during which landowners can legally burn brush/deadfall - within limits *g*), so we took advantage of the glorious weather (sunny and about 10ยบ C, to build a fire and haul stuff to it for burning. We had it going pretty well yesterday, so well in fact that the core stayed hot, hot, hot overnight - this is what we saw this morning when we stepped out onto the porch:

From Blog Photos


And our grass is now visible, even in early morning light:

From Blog Photos


Meanwhile, on the clearing next door to ours, the mist had settled in:

From Blog Photos


Inside the house, the cats have been up to the usual - being cute:

From Blog Photos


From Blog Photos


From Blog Photos


and occasionally (especially in Cleo's case) a bit naughty:

From Blog Photos

I'm working tomorrow and Tuesday. Tomorrow is my first full day shift - should be fun as it's also the first day EVER the Sechelt library will be open on a Monday!

How about you - how was your weekend? Did you do anything interesting?

Teresa

Currently Reading: The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley
Link of the Day: Old Roads of Scotland

3 comments:

Cindy Procter-King said...

Wow, nice looking house and extremely cute cats. Nice picture of mist, too!

I did some revising on Saturday, and Sunday I sold our pool table to the very first person who called. We spent the day helping them dismantle it--and they paid cash. Yeehaw.

Today I spent on-line fixing problems caused by a Norton upgrade (thank God I had help from them) and then I FINALLY started fixing the mud room tile floor.

Cindy Procter-King said...

Egad, it took me 18 guesses to remember my google password so I could post here, LOL.

Tess said...

Thanks - we love the house :) And the cats too *g*.

You can dismantle a pool table? Who knew? Glad your Norton upgrade got sorted.

And LOL re the password. I'm forever having to get mine reset at various websites - guess, in the end, it's more secure that way *g*.