Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Today's NaNo work at the Wild Bistro...

netted me 2184 words, for a two day total of just over 4000 words. Yay! I may even manage more tonight.

The Wild is a fantastic place to write - lovely atmosphere, yummy treats (the Elvis muffin is delectable) and a wonderful selection of herbal tea (today's choice - Licorice Spice).

Here's the setup I had there for a couple of hours:

Once again, the story just flowed AND my characters started adding to the plot. I was almost loathe to stop, but it was getting to the point where if I didn't, I wouldn't have finished the errands I needed to do on the way home in time.

Still, I was pretty thrilled to break the 4000 word mark in just two days and to have surpassed my daily goal by over 300 words :) Tomorrow will be more tricky as I have to work during the day and the lunch room isn't the ideal place to write. Hope to write in the evening instead, but it will depend on just how tired I am. Then again, Madeleine and Henri might not give me a choice!

Teresa

Currently Reading: The Intelligencer by Leslie Silbert
Link of the Day: A fun link from the Historical Archives of The Onion

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Yay on your progress!

I keep wanting to hit a coffee shop or some such place to write, but I can never find the time. I have, however, found a great position to sit in my truck where George is comfy an the iPod is unobstructed.

And I do still have my couch spot.

Fingers crossed you get lets done today!

Lynn said...

Darnit, that was supposed to be lots, not lets. Sorry 'bout that.

Kelly Boyce said...

Great word count!! Don't you love it when the words just flow and everyone cooperates? Looks like a great writing space.

Melissa Amateis said...

Woo hoo! Great job! And it looks like a wonderful place to write. :)

Tess said...

Thanks Lynn, but I didn't end up writing yesterday. By the time I had the chance, I was just too tired.

Kelly - Yep, it's a perfect writing space. If the budget allowed, I'd be there way more often.

Melissa - thanks :) And it's a great place to lose myself in my writing.

Cindy Procter-King said...

Yay, way to go.

Tess said...

Thanks, Cindy :)

Doubtful Muse said...

That sounds like SO much fun! One of these days I might even get to write a word or two again!!!