Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Happy Canada Day!!!

Today we celebrate our nation's birthday :)

It's a gorgeous day here on the Coast. Sean and I started off with an all-Canadian breakfast - pancakes with blueberries and maple syrup. Yum.

We don't have any specific plans for the rest of the day - Sean will do some more work on his wood shed (he's building one) and I'm going to do some more school work. But I imagine come the afternoon/evening there will be beer and a bbq on the deck, followed by a small campfire (now our forest fire index is down to low again).

How are you spending your Canada Day? Or, for American readers - what plans do you have for this Saturday?

Teresa

Currently Reading: The Best of Men by Claire Letemendia

4 comments:

Rene said...

I've noticed these holidays seem to become backyard catch-up days. We don't have any plans. I'm sure it will be yard work and a bbq.

Annette McCleave said...

Quiet Canada Day here. My daughter's writing and I'm catching up on chores. We're looking forward to the fireworks later tonight, though. Always spectacular in this city.

Kelly Boyce said...

Mmmmm...pancakes....

Nienke Hinton said...

Didn't do much for Canada Day except watch some fireworks. How's the writing going?