Thursday, September 21, 2006

And it's off...

WTHR is now with the proofreaders. Phew. That's a relief to have it off my plate. Even better, I kept getting sucked in by the story while making those last changes :-) Always a good sign.

Thanks for all the feedback yesterday re: foreign words and phrases. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who a) uses them and b) has no problem reading them in someone else's work. I think it must be one of those elements that writers/readers either really like or just don't at all. Now I just have to hope my ms falls on the right desk *g*.

On tap for today is the query/synopsis + updating on outlines for a couple of courses I'm going to teach online next year. Then later in the day, I'm going hiking! Yep, the rain has stopped, so my hiking buddy and I are heading up into the hills again. Yay. It's been over a month since we've been up there, so I'm really looking forward to it. Even if it means muddy jeans/boots from all the precip over the last few days. Hiking always helps me clear my head.

Remember when I mentioned the new software I was using, Page Four Notebook? Well, there's an updated version + a change in the demo version. The latter is no longer just for 30 days - it's open-ended. It's fully functional, but you're limited to 3 notebooks and 20 pages in each notebook. But it's a great way to test it out if you're interested. I LOVE this software and use it for all planning stuff now plus other bits and pieces of writing. And there's a new feature that's kinda cool.

Well, that's about it for today :-) Must get on with things, after a little more coffee *g*.

Teresa

Currently Reading: About to start Tracy Chevalier's Falling Angels
Link of the Day: Margaret Evans Porter's Tour of the Isle of Man

No comments: