Friday, December 01, 2006

So I finished at just over 25,000 words...

and am happy with that. A tad disappointed too, but, considering the other things that have been going on and the fact it was my first experiment with "flying into the mist", I refuse to be hard on myself. Now I have to transcribe all the pages I wrote by hand :-/ And then I'm going to let it sit for a while, to see if other stuff percolates.

Meanwhile, I'm going back to my French Revolution story and setting to work on that. I did manage one scene during November, but really want to move forward with this story full time now. Unfortunately I also seem to be at that "I can't write another book" stage - I'm sure you're all familiar with it. Even though we know we can do it, with every ms there are those horrible moments of doubt that THIS time we won't actually be able to do it. That somehow we've lost the skill and magic required to spin a convincing tale of romance.

Meanwhile, I still have two reviews to write for this quarter - one of which is for a book I really enjoyed, written by a prominent author of historical romance. OTOH, finishing the books means I'm now free to read just for me.

On the weather front, things have warmed up a bit, the snow is starting to melt and life is returning to normal here on the Coast, though there is still lots of debris littering the streets. And the lake here is starting to ice over! Maybe we'll get to skate this year :-)

Ok, on with my day. Happy Friday, everyone!

Teresa

Currently Reading: The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick
Link of the Day:
Elizabeth Chadwick's Medieval Glossary

No comments: