Monday, November 19, 2007

Character work...

Instead of actual writing on Friday, I managed some character work. I think part of my problem right now is that I don't know the black moment, and for a plotter like me, it's getting difficult to tell the story without knowing where it's going. So I decided I need to know my characters better so I can figure out what will be the worst thing that can happen and threaten their relationship.

My hero, George, is the best friend of my hero in What the Heart Remembers, so I already know a little about him. But Friday morning, while sipping a latte, I discovered some interesting details about his childhood and scribbled them down. I'm letting those mill around in my brain for a while and when I get a chance, I'll type those into the computer. Won't put that towards my word count though.

Things were crazy last week - lots of little things to take care of. And we STILL have boxes in storage. Even so, I hope to get some writing done this week, if possible. Our weekend was super busy as well, so I didn't have any time to write then.

UPDATE - I managed 1300 words today!! Off now to cook dinner :)

When I went out grocery shopping late Saturday afternoon, it was raining, but by the time I reached the grocery store, the sun had broken through over the Island, creating a gorgeous double rainbow:


Teresa

Currently Reading: Book for review

2 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Yay! 1300 words is great!

Annette McCleave said...

Congrats on the pages!

I enjoy character work. I find the time spent on it is never wasted; the writing always seems to go a little faster afterward.