Monday, March 07, 2005

An early post today, for a change...

because I have to finish my enotes article. Went to my chapter meeting yesterday, then to my mum's for dinner. Sunday is cleaning day, so I didn't have much time for bloghopping.

My dh was using my computer for a little while, so I was looking over my shelves of books and realized just HOW MANY of them I still haven't read.

Fatal Majesty - Reay Tannahill. Have loved her other books, especially The World, The Flesh and the Devil, but have read so many others on Mary, Queen of Scots that I've delayed this one for a long time. Can't change the sad ending.

A Song for Arbonne - Guy Gavriel Kay. Last year I read two of his novels plus his book of poetry for an interview I was doing with him. Loved his work and want to read more of it. This one especially appealed - hope I can get to it soon.

Beauchamp Beseiged and Fulk the Reluctant - Elaine Knighton. Set in the medieval period, they're lush historical romances with lots of action.

Fleur-de-Lis - Isolde Martyn. This one I'm purposely not reading right now as it's set at exactly the same time as my own ms. But having read her other books, I know I'll LOVE it when I do finally pick it up off the shelf.

That's just a smattering. There are so many more begging for my attention. But I should really get on with my column at this point. Might post again later once that's done. As always, I've lots to say :-)

Teresa

No comments: