Thursday, February 03, 2005

Reflections on a week of blogging

Well, it's been about a week since I started blogging. Have tried to keep it up each day, only missing Sunday. Have really enjoyed doing it, but still aren't certain if it's really helped me with my writing.

I think the main drawback has been I take a long time doing the blog posts - probably rambling on a little too long and taking a lot of time finding relevant links. Think maybe I should cut back a bit on that. Or maybe just find ONE craft article or piece of industry news to comment on each day, especially now I've introduced myself thoroughly.

Will definitely have to give this some thought.


Update on my ms.

Well - managed to get a fair amount done yesterday. Rewrote quite a lot - changing a couple of scenes, hopefully to make them stronger and define my characters better.

Yesterday evening one of my critique partners gave me back my ms with her comments. Will be tackling that this afternoon before I go any further. She is a professional editor and published writer, so I'm looking forward to her feedback. I know it will be detailed and very honest. Exactly what I need.

More tomorrow.

Teresa

1 comment:

Larissa Ione said...

Hi, Tess!

I just found your blog, and I'm enjoying it! Thanks for linking to me! *g*