Monday, December 19, 2005

Monday morning post...

Well, I survived all the snow and Sean made it back home relatively on time. We spent the weekend catching up and getting chores down, including a huge grocery run yesterday.

On Saturday afternoon we went to see Pride and Prejudice. I really liked it :-) I'm already a fan of Matthew MacFadyen - from MI5, in which he played a rather intense and moody spy in a troubled relationship, so I was able to buy him as Darcy. And I thought KK did a great job as Lizzie - really captured what I've always interpreted as her spirit. The scenery was gorgeous and if I get Christmas money, the Soundtrack will definitely be on my list of things to buy. Granted, it's been a while since I've read the book, so I likely missed some of the moved scenes etc, BUT, it's a story I know so well and I think the director picked the right events to showcase. And, being Canadian, I was immensely proud of Donald Sutherland's turn as Mr. Bennet - the scene at the end when he gives his permission for her to marry Darcy really tugged on my heartstrings.

We put up our Christmas tree the other day, the artificial one, and discovered it may not work too well either. Chloe immediately decided it's a chew toy. Soon after, Cleo decided to climb into it and chew as well *sigh*. It's in our walk-in closet for right now. So far it doesn't appear they've actually eaten any of it, so I may try again tonight or tomorrow and see how they react. Silly kitties. I did manage to decorate the mantel and so far Cleo has left it alone. Even my Nativity scene fit up there - my m-i-l brought me the figurines from Asia in the 90s and Sean built a stable for them.

And now, I'd best stop typing. My wrists are still really sore from all that shovelling (it took well over an hour to clear the car and then clean the driveway) and I still have to go to the office this morning and do the bank reconciliations for the business.

Will try to check in again in a couple of days - I'm trying to rest my wrists.

Teresa

Just finished Reading: The Other Side of the Story by Marian Keyes - HIGHLY RECOMMENDE
About to Start Reading: The Christmas Visit - Harlequin Historicals Anthology 2004
Link of the Day: Current Future House now leading the pack (it's actually the Adams IV, but this shows off the house better)

No comments: