Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Post-Christmas round-up

Happy Day after Boxing Day!! Right, most of you don't celebrate Boxing Day - here's some info on it from a variety of sources:

~ Boxing Day according to the Canadian government

~ Boxing Day in the UK

~ History of Boxing Day

~ Boxing Day


Ok - now that's done, how is everyone? Overstuffed? I know I am. Still, I'm trying to convince myself that I should eat a bowl of healthy cereal for breakfast, rather than another helping of trifle (mmmmmm - trifle) *g*. We had a lovely but quiety holiday - well, except for the sound of Cleo chasing her new toy - a red felt mouse with a bell *vbg*.

Sean found me, among other things, a wonderful book:

Heloise and Abelard: A New Biography by James Burge - it's really interesting and while not overly academic, it is referenced properly and has a good bibliography and excerpts from what are believed to be letters b/w H &A lost for centuries.

The cats enjoyed Christmas, behaved around my mum and were just generally cute. On Friday we thought Cleo was going into full heat, but she seems to have calmed down again, so we have our fingers crossed that she hangs on till next Monday - we have an appointment to have her spayed then.

In writing news, I'm getting things organized to start my FDin30D work on my new ms!!! I'm sooooo excited about this. I think I might print out the forms and do them by hand first - it might help my CTS. We'll see. There are millions of ideas bouncing around in my head. I can't start till next week as we're cleaning out the office this week and moving everything into our house. It's going to be hard saying goodbye to the office - we were there the day my dad and his associates moved in there in the early 90s.

And now, I'd best eat my brekkie, read some Crapometer over on Miss Snark, then do a bit of housework.

Teresa

Currently Reading: Heloise and Abelard: A New Biography
Link of the Day: Heloise: Letter to Abelard at the Internet Medieval Sourcebook

No comments: