Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Book meme...

from Rene:

1. One book that changed your life: The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon Kay Penman - the book that made me see how fiction can fan a spark a passion for history into a flame

2. One book that you've read more than once: The Wheel of Fortune by Susan Howatch - Awesome book - I highly recommend it

3. One book you'd want on a deserted island: The Prospect Before Her : A History of Women in Western Europe, 1500-1800 by Olwen Hufton

4. One book that made you laugh: Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella - I laughed in spite of the ridiculousness of the situation - Kinsella makes the character totally believable.

5. One book that made you cry: Here be Dragons
by Sharon Kay Penman - If you've read the book, you likely know which scene made me cry - mingled tears of sadness and joy)

6. One book you wish you'd written: The Falcons of Montabard by Elizabeth Chadwick - a masterpiece of historical fiction. I'd love to be able to write like she does!!

7. One book you wish had never been written: Anything with the words "by Margaret Atwood" on the book cover. As a Canadian, I'm not supposed to say that, but her books just hold no interest for me. Except maybe, Alias Grace.

8. One book you're currently reading: Deceived by Nicola Cornick - I only just started it, but already she's hooked me :-)

If you want to tag yourself, go for it :-)

Teresa

No comments: