Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I'm here, honestly...

just been running around a lot lately. And feeling a tad squirrely about the whole NaNo thing. My planning is a little overwhelming right now - I'm trying to pull together a whole lot of story threads and one or two keep trying to escape. Even with my lovely flow chart.

I think starting to write really is going to be the best thing for me as far as this story goes, even though I won't have a complete FDin30D outline. I'd hoped it would all fall into place, but have accepted that having at least half the book planned at this stage is better than nothing. It's enough to get me started. It's not like the method doesn't allow for writing and planning simultaneously. Sometimes we actually have to experience the story with our characters before we can figure out precisely where they're going in detail. At least, that's how it seems to work for me.

In other news, the cats are off to the vet today for their vaccinations. Well, I'm taking them. Would be nice if I could just send them off by themselves to take care of it, but I've a feeling they'd get distracted along the way *g*.

Janie - sorry about the display problem. I had to make an adjustment so I can fit in the NaNo progress bar. Funny thing is, it doesn't seem to be affecting any of the browsers on my computer in the same way. Things will go back to normal on Dec 1.

And, if you're a sci-fi fan, check out my link of the day today. It comes courtesy of agent Jenny Rappaport, over at her LitSoup blog.

Teresa

Currently Reading: Deceived by Nicola Cornick
Link of the Day: Fun with Battlestar Galactica

No comments: