Thursday, September 29, 2005

Serious motivation problems here...

Yep, I can't seem to get going today. It's our anniversary, and my sweetie surprised me with two lovely books:

Eighteenth Century Furniture, part of the Centuries of Style series. Not an in-depth academic book, but it has beautiful photos of the various pieces - great for looking at while describing various rooms in my ms.

and

Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson, a survey of the English language. He's a great writer, so I'm looking forward to dipping into it.

So, I want to read my books AND listen to my RWA CDs that arrived yesterday. Not work on my ms. Doesn't help that I've been awake since 5:30am. Am trying to figure out if listening to Craft/Industry/Research workshops counts as "writing". Hmmmm.

Still no news on the Lockout front (Sean's marching in the pitching rain this morning) - a management offer was tabled yesterday, but AFAIK, it hasn't been accepted *sigh*. If you're interested, you can read the latest at CBC On The Line.

Now I just have to decide whether I'm going to try to get real work done or not. Would probably help if I actually opened WriteWayPro. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

Teresa

No comments: