Monday, January 09, 2006

More visits from the deer...

While cleaning the kitchen yesterday morning, I glanced out the window and saw our friend from Saturday along with a friend of hers (yes, I DID forget to turn off the flash!):



They wandered around in the parking lot for a while, then one of them braved the main path:



Her friend hung back, but she wandered about for a bit,



before catching the scent of a dog further down the path



Even so, she was reluctant to leave, checking back once more to see if maybe the dog had gone the other way:



Alas, it was not to be, so she and her friend literally turned tail and ran down the path. I held my breath, wondering if I'd hear the screech of car tires, but nothing happened, so I can only assume they found their way safely back into the woods on the other side of the old schoolhouse.

This is my fifth winter here, but the first time I've seen deer so close to the house. A couple of summers ago, we had one in our back garden, but it ran when George charged at it - yeah, like HE was going to be able to take down a deer *g*.

Teresa

No comments: