Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Great minds think alike....

Kelly and I share the same brain pattern:

Your Brain's Pattern

You have a dreamy mind, full of fancy and fantasy.
You have the ability to stay forever entertained with your thoughts.
People may say you're hard to read, but that's because you're so internally focused.
But when you do share what you're thinking, people are impressed with your imagination.

I really did look at the others, not wanting to be a copycat, but the above is really what appealed to me most. Interesting to see if other writers feel the same way :-)

Lynn mentioned how busy I am - yep, but we don't have to juggle children's schedules. If we did, well, I think I might be going mad at this point *g*. Then again, we might not be making this move so soon if we did. Likely wouldn't be affordable.

I DID get some writing done yesterday. After procrastinating ALL morning. Did some work on my antagonist and continued to work on Henri's timeline. I picked up this idea from Gaelen Foley - in her article Prep That Book!, she mentions that she gets to know her characters by creating a "year-by-year character biography". This sounded really cool to me, so I decided to try one for Henri. Of course, this also meant playing with software ;-), which I LOVE to do. Unfortunately Timeline Maker isn't quite flexible enough for this, so I'm using the timeline feature in Legacy. The idea is to go year by year with your characters from childhood on and include info on what they were doing as well as what was happening in the wider world. She concludes this section of the article with the following: "Through research, you can gain an understanding of what kind of lives real people had in that period of history and how far you might be able to stretch that in a believable way for fictional purposes. Various plot twists for what may have happened to the character along the way in life will be a lot more believable if you have a historical precedent on which to model your character's experiences."

The rest of the article is just as helpful - I recommend reading it :-)

Teresa

Currently Reading: Book for review
Link of the Day: Vote for Best Dialogue Scene in RT's American Title Contest

No comments: