Monday, June 12, 2006

A busy weekend...

but lots of fun :-) Everyone arrived Friday evening, which is good, considering how crowded the ferries are coming up to the Coast on Fridays in the summer. On Saturday we started with a big family breakfast and ended with a campfire and roasted marshmallows, courtesy of our niece. She roasted those tasty morsels for anyone who wanted one :) In between, the weather cleared enough for us to get out on the lake, though I declined to take a dip in the still cold lake. *g* We also hosted a crowd for the hockey game (Edmonton won a game!!) and did nachos (my future sis-in-law made her famous guacomole - yum), while one of the neighbours bbqd chicken.

Yesterday was a bit quieter, with the others leaving around noon. Sean and I took a load of stuff back to our storage bin, then I powered through the rest of my review book before dinner. I'd managed to read most of it on Friday, took it out on the lake with me Saturday and read the last 40 pages yesterday. Will write the reviews tomorrow or Wednesday.

Sean and I were thrilled to discover last week that the new TVtropolis channel is showing old episodes of NewsRadio - one of our fave shows. Back to back, no less, on Sunday evenings. Though I still get sad watching Phil Hartman :-(

Anyway, today includes laundry, a trip for cat litter and food, and maybe a search for a wrap for my dress :-) So I'd best get moving!!

Teresa

Currently Reading: Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella (I borrowed it from the library and it's due Saturday)
Also Currently Reading: Lucy Sullivan... (will finish it after Shopaholic)
Link of the Day: A bit of BSP here - my review of The Book of Blanche and Marie by Per Olov Enquist (an Editor's Pick in the May issue of The Historical Novels Review)

No comments: