Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Library Thing...

Well, last week I finally went ahead and paid a lifetime membership at Library Thing. The Cdn dollar was doing really well and it's only $25 US, so I figured I'd go for it. Then I spent time on the weekend uploading a lot more of my catalogue - thank goodness for Book Collector! Makes it really easy, as I just export to text, then import at the LT site, where it searches online and gathers the info from the ISBNs. A few of my books couldn't be found online, so I'll have to input them manually, but that's no big deal.

Now why would I do this, you ask? Not only is it just cool *g*, but it's extra backup, especially now while my books are in storage. Not that I don't have my database backed up several different places already, but, this is another layer of insurance should something happen. Of course, I still don't have nearly ALL my books catalogued at this point, but most of my important research ones are now noted in LT.

Other than that, I had no luck in my wrap quest yesterday. Have to go into Gibsons today to pick up a package, so will try the shoe store first, then once I have shoes, I'll try to find a wrap. It was a beautiful day yesterday, but I spent much of it cleaning our cottage after discovering the cats have fleas. Not a major infestation, so I'm hoping the cleaning and the meds I picked up will help get rid of them quickly.

Needless to say, I got NO work done on my ms yesterday. What with the hockey game on in the evening, for what that was worth.

Anyway, I should get on with my busy day and let y'all do the same :-)

Teresa

Currently Reading: Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
Also Currently Reading: Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married by Marian Keyes
Link of the Day: Links on the French Revolution

No comments: