Monday, August 14, 2006

Family weekend...

Yep, we had a full-on family weekend, including two nights of desserts courtesy of our lovely and talented niece. On Friday she baked scrumptious blackberry tarts and followed those with chocolate zucchini cake on Saturday (with help from Grandma). Below are a couple of shots of her with her cake. My brother-in-law and his lovely bride took on most of dinner on Saturday, serving yummy ribs, hot dogs and green salad, while my mother-in-law contributed an amazing potato salad (with enough leftovers for last night's dinner).


  


  

And, in case you're wondering, we did more than eat! Sean and I played tennis with our niece, Sean and his bro helped their dad with some work round the house and we all went swimming on the lake yesterday, along with Sean's aunt and her grand-daughter. And Saturday night, following the rib feast, we lit a campfire, then settled back to watch the Perseid meteor shower before the moon rose too high. Fortunately it was a clear night and we were able to see quite a few spectacular shooting stars before bedtime was declared.

So now it's back to regular life :-) I'm hoping to join in the BIAW over at A Villa in Tuscany later in the week. Today I have some errands to run, including posting the present I found for my god-daughter the other day (two regular books and one book with small jigsaw puzzles.)

Responding to Comments
Kelly - yep, the postal service and Canada Customs aren't tops on my list right now (I'm also still waiting for a mag from the US and my CD of Atlanta workshop handouts from National)

Melissa - LOL. Yep, our weekends are busy. And during the summer I'm just fine with that, especially when family is involved - part of the reason we moved out here is to because our niece is so close by. Come autumn, though, I hope things calm down a bit.

Reminder
Don't forget to visit the Blog Carnival today, over at Rene's - it's my Link of the Day!!

Teresa

Currently Reading: Madame de Staël by Maria Fairweather
Link of the Day: This Thing Called Love Blog Carnival over at Rene's

No comments: