Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Brenda tagged me!
And because I can't just answer a question in a straightforward manner (ask my hubby), I've turned this exercise into a linkslut one :-)

Total Number Books I Own: Umm, probably at least couple of thousand. On my PALM I have a list of about 500 (research books and romanc fiction) I keep for when I go shopping, to make sure I don't double up. But I've got tons more on various bookcases round the house.

Last Book Read: In the Night by Kathryn Smith - a wonderful Regency romance, with appealing characters and a great love story.

Book Sitting On My Coffee Table I'm Planning To Read: Well, in my case, it's a book I'm planning on finishing - The Last Crossing, by Guy Vanderhaeghe - this book won the 2004 edition of Canada Reads. I started it and was enjoying it, but my review books had to take priority. But I really do want to finish it. Though the pacing is slow, the language is beautiful and the characters unique and compelling.

Five Books That Mean A Lot to Me:
1. The Sunne in Splendour, by Sharon Kay Penman - my intro to the world of Richard III
2. The Falcons of Montabard, by Elizabeth Chadwick - her best book yet. Romance, adventure and intrigue in the Holy Land, c. 1120
3. The Wheel of Fortune, by Susan Howatch - a masterpiece of character, plot and motivation - "Here I have my standards and here I draw the line."
4. The School at the Chalet, by Elinor M. Brent-Dyer - a childhood favourite that's still one of my fave comfort reads
5. The Endless Steppe, by Esther Hautzig - another book from my childhood. One that helped me understand what happened to my father during his childhood. Although our family wasn't Jewish, the experiences in Siberia were similar. I read this book over and over.

Ok - now I just need to tag some people, in alphabetical order:
Alex
Kelly
Laurie
Rene
Terescia

Teresa

1 comment:

Alex Bordessa said...

Can't tag me, since I've already been tagged and responded:
http://alexbordessa.blogspot.com/2005/05/tag.html